Well it only took 4 days, 4 friends to help and 2 1/2 trucks loads of sod (1.5 acres). But we finally got all the yard done. On Sunday our friends Chad Ervin and Todd Doyle helped Jeff and I lay the sod in the front and side yard. We ordered another truck load and it arrived on Tuesday. On Wednesday some more friends Ryan and Mike Moore helped us lay some in the back and other side, but it got too warm out and we had to stop because it was getting too muddy. So Friday after Thanksgiving Jeff and I laid the rest of the sod ourselves, and ordered almost another truck load. We laid that by ourselves on Saturday. Sunday we woke up and we had snow on the ground. So we got it done right on time!!!

Front yard

This is the only picture I got to take of the back yard. But the rest of the yard got grass as well. I was going to take a picture on Sunday when we went back out to the house, but....

This is the master shower or as everyone refers to it as "Jeff's Shower". He is very excited that he doesn't have to duck to get under the shower head and he can put his arms out and spin around if he wants (Great visual, I know). I on the other hand may have to put a step stool in the shower to reach the shower head!

This is part of the Master Bedroom.

Our Ohio State Office. I got all the cutting in done on Sunday... so glad to be done with all the painting.

Our dining room, off of the foyer.

Our foyer. They matched the handrail stain to our hardwood floors, and we have black wrought iron ballasters (sp?)

Part of our family room. The brown color is the same "poop" color that is in the kitchen. Because it is all open, there was no where to stop the color. I am finally getting used to it.

Jessie's bedroom. She was very upset that I toned down the pink in her room. She wanted all the walls (except the brown wall) to be that hot pink that is in her bathroom.

Todd and Chad trying to figure out the rake! :)
Now that all the painting that Jeff and I have to do is done (Jeff wants to touch up a few places, but for the most part it is finished) and the sod is done, we can focus on getting everything ready to move. The electricians will finish up this week. The plumbers will come on Wednesday to finish up the lights, and the carpet gets laid on Thursday and Friday. We will do a final walk through next week, to see what is left, the cleaning lady comes and we can start putting stuff in the house on Friday. We will move over the weekend, and close on Monday......the 15th. YEAH!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment