Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Finally New Pictures

It's been over a month since my last post. Between painting, moving, Christmas, and unpacking, I have not had time for much of anything. We moved into the house the weekend of December 15th. The next weekend we went to Ottumwa for Christmas, the girls were going to stay with Mam and Papa so we could get some stuff unpacked and try and get somewhat organized. However our car had other plans. Because of the ungodly cold weather our diesel excursion geled up on me on the highway. Dad and Jeff had to come get, needless to say I was NOT happy. We ended up staying an extra day in Ottumwa. We got home on Tuesday, Christmas was Thursday and we left Thursday afternoon for Ohio to beat the weather. We stayed there 5 days and made it back in time for New Years. As you will be able to see, I have not been able to decorate a whole lot, but at least you can see what we have so far.

This is a close up picture of the kitchen. I was hoping you can see the cabinets a little better then in the picture below. This is just a longer angle of the kitchen taken from the family which is below.

This room is VERY hard to get the furniture placement. Jeff is not making it any easier. He has all kinds of rules that really screwed up how I was going to place everything. Jeff's Martin Chair (if you ever watched Fraiser, his dad had an absolutly awful chair that he refused to get rid of... it's now in my family room) has to be next to the light switches, so he can turn off and on the lights, plus he can see out the window from here, so of course we can't put anything in front of the windows, and he can see the front door from there as well. This leaves no other spot for the ginormous TV.


Off the left of the foyer is the dining room. The only thing I really have in here is the table and hutch, with my grandmothers china. I need a rug and an easel type picture stand ( I obvisously don't know what they are called, but I know what it looks like and that's all that really matters).



Across from the desk in the kitchen is the butlers pantry. I really didn't know what I was going to do with it, but it holds all of our adult beverages nicely! I would show you the desk, but I only had so much time to clean and the desk didn't make this cut, maybe tomorrow....




No comments: