Thursday, November 6, 2008

Kitchen and Office

Above is the kitchen with our two tone walls. I was afraid that the chocolate brown was going to be too dark everywhere. So two walls in the kitchen (one actaully extends into the family room) and the wall that the fireplace is on will be the choc. brown. The other walls in the kitchen, mud room and hallway into the dining room will be that lighter tan that you can see where the butlers pantry will be.
I went to Menards because that is who I had color match the other brown and wanted to know if they could color match the brown again, but add white to it, so that I could take it down a few shades. They said they couldn't so I had to become a paint mixer. After about a gallon of white paint to about 1/4 gallon brown paint we finally got the right color. Now I have to go and get that matched so we can have more.... so much fun.

This is a picture of the office. I was trying to get a picture of the floor, but you can't see it all that well. But then I figured it would be a good oppurtunity to get everyone's opinon on curtains. I'm not sure what I should do for curtains. So if you have any good ideas I'm looking for some! :)
We are painting the girls play room tonight, they want to help, so that should be a lot of fun. I will take some pictures of them "helping".

1 comment:

Gina said...

Shonna....I fell in love with The Home and Garden channel....If you havent already been watching it, then I strongly suggest that you do....I have so many ideas that I want to do...now to only have the hubby do it...lol he hated when I discovered that channel.