Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Roof Day


This is the front of the house. They got most of the rafters up by crane on Monday and Tuesday. Since it rained all weekend, they did not get it done over the weekend. This caused many affects. 1) They could not get the crane all in one day because other people had it scheduled so they could only use it when not already in use. 2) The roofers were suppose to start on Monday, so because they didn't come out to the job site last Tuesday, along with all the rain, they put everyone behind schedule. This is the back of the house. The girls are very excited that there rooms look out over the back.
The big window to the far right is Jessie's bedroom and then the next two windows (moving to the left) are Jenna's. Our bedroom is to the far left.

The reason I took this, is because you can see (kind of) above the forward facing garage (you know the one that is BARELY wide enough for the excursion) will be the girls play room. I told Jeff we should put a secret passage way from Jessie's bedroom into it, but then Jenna wouldn't have one....
After dinner we went out to the house. Well both sets of neighbors came over, and Brian (the builder) happened to come out with his two girls, Madi and Ragen, they are Jenna's age. So all the kids were playing in the mud, catching toads and running from both the neighbors yards to play on the swings. They had a ball. We made them take showers when we got home. After Jenna's shower, she dried off. When she dries off she lays on the floor and waits for the water to dry. Well needless to say, she fell asleep waiting to dry off. She is so cute when she's sleeping... but aren't they all? :)

Hope you are all having a great day. Kim - I'm counting down the days!!!!!

2 comments:

The St. Martin's said...

Hello Shonna!! I hope you realize that the girls' playroom is as big as my entire house (okay maybe my house is a tad bigger, but not much!!)!!! I know you must think the progress is slow going, but watching from the outside, I can't believe the outside is almost done! Are you still painting the inside? You'll have to fill me in on all the details! I miss you of course! I think we're at 160 hours now! I've got my huge list started of all that I need to bring back - Danny reached Premier Exec on United so he alone can have 3 bags with 70 pounds each!! You should see all the on-line orders that are piling up at my mom's! You knew I wouldn't stop shopping!! Lots of love, Kim

Mary Pat said...

Hey Girl-
Wow- the house looks great! It sounds as if the girls will have neighbors to play with.
I can tell that you're having fun buying things for the house! We are hoping to build our next home so you'll have to give me lots of advice!
Jenna is so cute falling asleep after a long day of play.
And, the girls looked ADROABLE in there pretty flower dresses!
Have a great week!